KAASTENGELS / CHEESE STICK


























Hello... here's my 3rd attempt off the kitchen war :) the 2nd was a failure! (I was trying to make homemade white bread but it turn to be a white brick LOL... so I give my self a break for the bread and move on to the next which is my favorite cookie >> kaastengels or cheese stick << my sister used to make this a lot and I love it so much. Now, since we live far away each other I convince myself to make it, and I DID! YEAH!

Anyway here's the Ingredients:

4 sticks butter/margarin softened (I let it out of the fridge for a night)
3 ¾ C all purpose flour (prepare extra flour on the side)
4 egg yolks
3 T grated Parmesan Cheese
2 T Dried milk (I use Carnation instant non fat dried milk)
8 Oz Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I mixed sharp cheddar and edam cheese, half half)
½ tsp salt

1 beaten egg yolk for brushing


Mixed butter & salt in a large bowl add egg yolks continue mix until it’s fluffy and white.
Add cheese, flour and dried milk . Keep mix until the dough not stick in your hand.
Preheat oven 325 F
Roll a little bit amount of dough shape like fat pencil, and cut about 2” and put each one on the baking sheet, continue the same to remaining dough.
Brush the top with egg yolk and sprinkle a little shredded cheese.
Bake 30 minutes.



There you have it! It makes 3 full 6" tin can.
Happy baking guys!

Comments

Popular Posts